This is so easy recipe to make. Even if you don’t have much time to sit in the kitchen, you can still make this and have time for a cup of tea.
The ingredients are very basics, nothing fancy here, just flavorous and delicious meal. Hope you’ll try this and let me know by making this – and don’t forget to post your photo tagging me on @monika__mularczyk on Instagram.
300g red lentils
200ml coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp chilii powder
1 tsp Himalayan salt
250g brown or white rice
- Cook your rice according to the package instruction.
- In a big pot cook red lentils adding enough water to cover the lentils. Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Bring it to a boil and the reduce to minimum. When lentils are nearly cooked add turmeric, mustard seeds and curry powder. Stir well.
- Add coconut milk and chilii powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice, cashews, chilii flakes and coriander if you like.