While genetics, lifestyle and environment factors play a significant role in the health of your skin and how quickly it ages, the right foods are also vitally important for radiant healthy skin. The following super foods are packed with skin-nourishing vitamins and minerals and antioxidants that fight premature skin aging and minimise wrinkles. These anti-aging power foods will help keep your skin soft, supple and more youthful.
– One of the the richest plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids that are important for keeping the skin soft, healthy and we’ll hydrated.
– Adding a tablespoon of chia seeds to your breakfast cereal or smoothie is an excellent way to help maintain healthy skin and reduce the risk of wrinkles.
– The are rich in protein, so they can provide amino acids vital boosting skin renewal and repair.
– Rich in iron – needed to improve oxygen delivery to skin cells.
– Rich in zinc, which helps reduce inflammation and improves wound healing.
– Great source of fiber.
– One of the Mother Nature’s more powerful healers and a must when it comes to anti-aging dietary regimes.
– Turmeric alleviate skin inflammation, preventing acne and helping promote healthy and more youthful looking skin.
– Contain high level of the antioxidant curcumin, which offers anti-inflammatory, anti-cancerous, and anti-aging properties.
– Try adding half a teaspoon of ground turmeric to your next smoothie or veggie juice.
– Rich in lycopene, a phytochemical that not only gives tomatoes their gorgeous red colour but also helps protect the skin from premature aging.
– Great source of vitamins C and A, both important skin-nourishing nutrients.
– Packed with skin-loving nutrients including vitamin C and beta-carotene, which are brilliant for boosting collagen production and fighting wrinkles.
– Rich sources of powerful antioxidants that help protect the skin against free radical damage caused from overexposure to the sun.
– Thy are low fructose fruits, so they won’t cause sharp spikes in blood sugar levels.
– Acai, Maquis, Came Came berries have exceptionally high levels of anthocyanins, which are highly effective antioxidants that will protect you against oxidative stress and skin cell damage.
– Rich in essential electrolyte minerals including potassium, magnesium, and calcium, making it a perfect way to keep your body well hydrated and your skin soft and supple.
– Best source of cytokinins, plant growth hormones that can slow down aging, which has beneficial effect on the skin.
– Contains skin protective antioxidants that help fight damaging free radicals caused by sun exposure.
– It’s a great alkalising drink.
– Eating raw chocolate or ‘cacao’, which is chocolate in its natural unprocessed form, is extremely beneficial for the skin, and the rest of the body.
– Is abundant in super antioxidants and complexion loving nutrients including vitamin C and Omega3 essential fatty acids.
– Contains high levels of polyphenols, namely flavonoids and resveratrol, which have superb antioxidant action.
– Raw cacao contains more antioxidants than other super foods such as green tea and berries.
– The best way to eat raw cacao is by adding the powder to smoothies, porridge, healthy desserts, baked goods and protein balls. When you buy chocolate, make sure the raw cacao content is at least 70% to reap it’s full health benefits.
GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES:
– Packed with beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, which is vital for promoting repair and maintenance of the skin. Deficiency in vitamin A usually results in dry skin.
– Contain plenty of complexion-boosting vitamin C and antioxidants, which play an integral part in protecting your skin from premature aging.
– Green leafy contain high levels of chlorophyll, a nutrient-rich pigment that gives green their vibrant colour.
– The brassica vegetable kale is a particularly beneficial green leafy vegetable as it is rich in sulfur-containing compounds that help improve liver detoxification. Optimal liver function is important to help promote healthy radiant skin.
– Contain high levels of beta-carotene, which gives carrots their bright orange colour.
– Optimal beta-carotene level help improve skin condition such as acne, dermatitis and premature aging.
– Carrots are great source of fiber, which is great for healthy bowel function.
BROCCOLI SPROUTS :
– Are little nutritional powerhouse, full of important complexion-boosting nutrients like vitamins C and A.
– They also contain high level of sulforaphane, a powerful antioxidant compound that helps fight cancer, reduce inflammation and support healthy liver detoxification.
– They can be easily and cheaply grown at home, or you can buy broccoli sprout powder to add to smoothies and fresh juices.
– Perfect anti-aging food.
– Avocado keeps skin soft, supple and wrinkle-free.
– Rich in fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that help boost skin health from the inside out.
– Great source of pathogenic acid (vitamin B5), needed to support healthy skin growth and regeneration.
– Packed with Vitamin C punch, which has strong antioxidant properties and is important for collagen and elastin production.
– Rich in vitamin E.
– Natural detoxifier helping remove toxins from the body.
– Consuming wheatgrass often will help promote clear, healthy skin and reduce the likelihood of breakouts.
– The antioxidants found in wheatgrass help prevent premature skin aging.
– Contains skin-nourishing vitamins A, C and E, which are potent antioxidant nutrients with anti-aging and collagen protective effects.
-Drinking wheatgrass juice will also help bring your body into a more alkaline state.
– Wheatgrass is a young grass in the wheat family, however it contains no gluten, so it is safe for coeliac and people with gluten-sensitivities.
-Wheatgrass also has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities that an help improve skin healing.
– Add a teaspoon wheatgrass powder to your green smoothies or veggie juices or make a morning shot with a little freshly squeezed orange juice.
– For a quick and revitalising facial at home simply apply some fresh wheatgrass juice to your face and allow it to dry for about 20 minutes, then rinse.