I have wonderfully warming dhal recipe for you. It’s very fulfilling and satisfying meal. Red lentils can be very beneficial for heart health, because it’s rich in potassium, fiber and folic acid. Red lentil can provide a good amount of protein and can easily replace meat in your meals. Another great ingredients that play important role in that meal is butternut squash, but if you like you can replace it with sweet potato or pumpkin. The are all rich in vitamin A, good for our skin and eyes and also rich in potassium, magnesium and vitamin C.
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, chopped
4cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 Tbsp mild curry powder
800g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut in cubes
270g red lentils
2 Tbsp tomato puree
1.3 litres hot vegetable stock
2 handful fresh spinach
- Place the onions in a big pan with an olive oil and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add the curry powder, grated ginger, tomato puree and butternut squash and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and vegetable stock, then cover and gently simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- When everything is ready take a pan from the heat, add the spinach, cover and allow the dhal to stand for about 5 minutes to absorb any excess liquid before serving.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice.
- Serve hot dhal with rice, more spinach or coriander and lemon.