2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small aubergine, chopped in small pieces
100g Shiitake mushrooms
2 tomatoes, diced
200g green lentils
150g tagliatelle pasta
Sea salt, black pepper and dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place the aubergine on a baking tray, drizzle with one tbsp olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown. When ready remove from the oven and leave it to cool.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil along with the onion and garlic, and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Shiitake mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook tagliatelle according to pack instructions, then drain.
- Return the aubergine to the pan together with green lentils and cover with the water. Simmer gently till lentils are ready ( add more water if needed).
- Serve the ragu over the tagliatelle and season with salt, pepper and basil.