- 200g red lentils
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 big carrot, grated
- 55g sun-dried tomatoes (oil reserved) drained and chopped
- 50g dried apricots, chopped (unsulphured)
- 200g mixed nuts, chopped
- 50g mixed seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon majoran
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Cook the lentils in plenty of water for 15 – 20 minutes, then drain.
3. While the lentils cook, heat a little of the sun-dried tomato oil in the frying pan and gently fry the leek for 3 minutes.
4. Add all the other ingredients, except the seasoning, to the pan. Stir really well, add the cooked lentils and stir again, seasoning to taste.
5. Line a loaf tin (approximately 20cm x 10cm) with non-stick baking paper and spoon in the mixture.
6. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes and allow to cool slightly before removing and cutting into thick slices.