Another DIY product – rose water face toner. Rosewater is exactly as it sounds, roses + water. It gives you all the benefits of water plus the bonus of the anti-inflammatory and hydrating advantages of rose. Plus it smells awesome and delicate at the same time.
It’s June at the moment – Rose 🌹 season, so it’s the best time to make what is the best out of rose’s petals.
Here are some of the ways I like to use this rosewater in my skincare routine:
1. Skin Toner – by and far this is the number 1 way I like to use it. Just spray it onto clean face and moisture.
2. In the bath – I’ll add about a cup to my bath water for extra hydration and relaxation from the scent.
3. Natural Perfume– we’ll get into the discussion of conventional perfume another day, but let’s just say you are far better off sticking to this natural version.
4. Face refresher/Make-up setter – Spray this on your face when you’re at your 4:00 PM slump…it works.
Makes 350 millilitres (12 Oz) of rosewater
Organic roses ( I used 9 stems)
Distilled water ( just enough to cover petals)
1. Remove petals from stems and run them under luke-warm water to remove any leftover residue.
2. Add petals in a pot and cover with distilled water.
3. Let simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes or until petals have lost their color and are a pale pink.
4. Strain the mixture, discard petals and place water in a spray bottle, and shake.
5. To apply: spray directly on face or spray a cotton pad and wipe face to remove any residue.