1/2 cup barley
100 g mushrooms, chopped
1 bunch bok choy, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp turmeric
salt and black pepper
sesame and hemp seeds – optional
- Cook barley according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion. After 5 minutes add garlic and mushrooms. Add salt, pepper and turmeric and stir well. Cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the end of the cooking add the bok choy and stir everything.
- Add cooked barley to the mushrooms and mix well.
- Serve hot and top up with chopped avocado and sprinkle some seeds on the top.