Very easy and quick to make recipe. I like the buttery, sweet flavour with a bit of crunch in this flapjack . Classic, chewy and good for your soul.👍😀.
115g coconut sugar
125g vegan butter/spread
85g maple syrup
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
3 tbsp dessicated coconut
1. Grease a baking dish measuring approximately 19 x 28 cm with a bit of coconut oil.
2. Using a citrus zester, finely pare the zest from two oranges in fine strips . (don’t forget to eat oranges😋😉).
4. Place the orange zest in a pan. Add the butter with sugar, dessicated coconut and maple syrup . Cook over a moderate heat, stirring until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, until evenly coated in syrup.
5. Turn the mixture into the prepared dish, level the surface with sunflower seeds.
6. Bake at 180 C for about 30 minutes until deep golden around the edges. Leave in the dish until almost cold.
7. Cut in bars and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.