There is nothing better than freshly picked up strawberries in the summer. Their aroma and sweetness are irreplaceable.
I love eat them raw but i also love to blend them up with cashews and make a raw cake. If you would like to try as well, the recipe is below.
For the crust:
10 Medjool dates
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
200g cashews (soaked overnight or 15 minut in boiling water if you want to save time)
2 cups fresh strawberries
Juice of half lemon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
maple syrup (if you want to add more sweetness)
Strawberries, flowers and chocolate sauce for decoration
- Make the crust first by placing almonds in a food processor. Blend until they brake into small pieces. Then add coconut oil and dates and blend till sticky dough appears.
- Transfer crust into small sprinform pan, spread evenly and put in the freezer.
- Meanwhile make cheesecake by placing all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Pour cheesecake mixture onto crust and put back in the freezer for about 4 hours.
- Before serving decorate the cake with fresh strawberries, some flowers, chocolate sauce or anything you like.
I make mine chocolate sauce by mixing maple syrop, coconut oil and raw cacao powder together.