There have to be always place for 🎃 pumpkin during autumn. When the cold days arrives, our body automatically gives a sigh it needs something warm and cosy.
This pumpkin soup will warm up your soul😀.
- 660 g pumpkin, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 4-5 medium white potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Place pumpkin chunks on a baking tray and roast them for about 30 minutes in preheated to 180 C oven.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
3. Add pumpkin and potatoes, stir in stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
4. Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth.
5. Serve hot.