Personally I like to have this drink at night, because I love how soothing it is for the body, and how good it makes me feel. The wellness-feeling of turmeric lattes derives from its nutritional benefits: it is full of nutrients, antioxidants, and delicious, warming flavors. Turmeric has many health benefits, which is why it is the number one health spice used in the ayuvedic kitchen. It is commonly known for its anti-inflammatory properties, high antioxidant amount and phytonutrients. Historically it has been helping people with tooth aches, menstrual pains, bruises or colics. Most of the health benefits are traced back to the main compound, curcumin, which also gives turmeric the bright yelllow color.
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 1 Medjool date, pitted
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– a small pinch of ground or freshly grated ginger
– a pinch of black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 teaspoon maple syrup
1. Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. If you have Vitamix blender, leave it to blend for a few minutes until warm.
3. If not, transfer latte to a pod and heat it up on a low heat.
4. Remove from the heat and froth the top of the milk for a few seconds with a milk frothed.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon or cacao powder.