The natural sweetness of the scones comes from carrots and sultanas. Eat them as they are or cut in half and spread some vegan butter or jam. Serving with a herbal tea makes perfect combination for a lazy afternoon.
225 g spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
50 g vegan spread
100 g carrots, grated
30 g coconut sugar
50 g sultanas
30 g pumkin seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
120 ml soya milk
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add vegan spread and using your fingers, rub in together with the flour until well blended.
- Heat the oven to 200 C.
- Add sugar, sultanas, carrots and pumkin seeds into the mixture and mix well.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix well everything to make a dough.
- With wet hands form around 10 balls, slightly press then down and transfer to a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden. Leave them to cool before serving.