It’s so easy to buy a ready made granola from the supermarket’s shelves but I still prefer to make my own. I can play with flavours, add whatever I want and it’s cheaper as well😉. That way I can control the way it tastes, I can make it vegan or gluten free, and make it different every time. The ingredients are very simple too. I wanted to do chocolaty, walnut granola but you can use that recipe as a base and add or change whatever you like, according to your needs.
✅ 2 cups oats – use gluten free if allergic
✅1/2 cup maple syrup
✅2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
✅2 tbsp raw cacao powder
✅ pinch of salt
✅ 2 tbsp almond butter
✅60g – 80g walnuts
✅40g – 60g raisins (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 150 C (fan).
2. In a big bowl mix oats together with raw cacao powder and salt.
3. Then add melted coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter.
4. Transfer the granola mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Let it cool completely, then fold in the chopped walnuts and raisins, ( if use it any).
6. Store in an air tight container.