A lovely refreshing and light salad can also be served as a lunch. Nectarines are in season and from May till September they’re the best. White-fleshed nectarines have a sweeter flavour than yellow ones. Choose those you like best. To make that salad even richer I added cooked quinoa as a protein base and nuts and seeds for healthy fats.
3 ripe nectarines, stoned and cut in wide stripes
1/2 cup quinoa
100g mixed leafy greens
2 tbsp walnuts
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp pumkin seeds
For the dressing :
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the griddle pan (or use a normal one) over a high heat. Griddle nectarines for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cooked quinoa according to the package instructions.
- For the dressing place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Add some salt and pepper if you like.
- Place your greens (I used lettuce, spinach and rukola) onto a serving platter, add cooked quinoa and griddled nectarines.
- Toast walnuts and seeds in a pan for a few minutes until golden.
- Add toasted mix, drizzle over the dressing onto salad, mix well and viola!.