Lavender is one of my favourite herbs for it’s lovely smell and calming effects. I have lavender in my garden, dried lavender bags hanging in my wardrobe, lavender tincture , lavender essential oil, lavender pillow mist, lavender flip flops and today I’m trying lavender in cake.
So I’m adding another raw cake to my collection. Hope you enjoy the lavender and lemon combo as much as I do. It’s a recipe I know I’m going to make again and again!
- 1/2 cup mixed almonds and walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp dried lavender, chopped into fine pieces
- To make the crust, first pulse the almonds and walnuts until they’re like breadcrumbs in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blend until fully combined. Press into a 6-inch spring form pan.
- To make the filling, blend all ingredients except for the lavender in a high-speed blender until smooth. In a mixing bowl, fold in the lavender and mix well.
- Add the filling on top of the crust and let chill in the freezer for a few hours.
- Cut in squares, garnish with lavender and lemon if you like.